The Science of Mind
Welcome to the Connecticut Center for Spiritual Living!
Now is the time to claim the life your soul is seeking.
Join us for Sunday Service 10:00 - 11:30 am
27 Washington Street
Middletown, CT 06457
The Connecticut Center for Spiritual Living is a member of the Centers for Spiritual Living, a spiritual teaching organization focusing on the works of Ernest Holmes, the author of The Science of Mind.
We offer a heartfelt welcome to the Connecticut Center for Spiritual Living and thank you for bringing the blessing of your presence here today!
Our hope is that you will join our community of like-minded people who have been inspired to awaken, expand, and embrace the magnificence of our very own beings as we travel our paths together in “this thing called Life.”
Peace and blessings,
Rev. H. Patrick Pollard, RSc.F Spiritual Leader
The Leadership Council, CTCSL
Centers for Spiritual Living offer numerous ways to link to warm, dynamic, loving communities of like-minded people.
Sunday Service 10:00 - 11:30 am
27 Washington Street, Middletown CT 06457
We help people experience a personal relationship with the Creator; promote a community of acceptance, understanding and respect; provide classes, programs, prayer and meditation; and advocate a safe spiritual community of like-minded people interested in living a spiritual life.
Connect online or at our local Center. Be a part of a Global Community!
Our Spiritual Practitioners support others in creating healthy, vibrant, fulfilling lives. Practitioners strive to heal themselves and others through the recognition of the creative power within us all and the use of positive, affirmative prayer. They are licensed to practice professionally, and are bound by a high code of ethics to respect your privacy.
Reverend H. Patrick Pollard, RScF
A native of Trinidad and Tobago West Indies, Reverend Patrick came to live in the United States in 1966. During a business trip he discovered Religious Science in Dallas, Texas. After returning to Los Angeles, California he enrolled in a Science of Mind class in 1972. in 1986 he graduated from the Holmes College of Consciousness Studies and was ordained in 1990.
Since 1986 Reverend Patrick served as minister in four Centers for Spiritual Living including Yucaipa, CA, Eureka, CA, Huntington Beach, CA and Albuquerque, NM. He also participated in several Centers for Spiritual Living home office programs, i.e., Ministerial and Practitioner oral panels; ethics committee; and Leadership Planning Committee for the annual Asilomar Retreat and Conference. He retired in 2008 from his position of Senior Minister at the Albuquerque Center for Spiritual Living where he served for twelve and one-half years. In 2009 he moved to Connecticut with his wife. Members of a Science of Mind Study group in CT sought his assistance in founding a Center for Spiritual Living. The Connecticut Center for Spiritual Living is the first in the state.
10 Core Concepts
1. There is One Cosmic Reality Principle and Presence in the Universe — commonly called "God". All creation originates in this One Source.
2. God is threefold (triune) in nature, having three aspects or modes of being within the One: Spirit, Soul and Body. This is God seen as the Universal Macrocosm.
3. Spirit is the great Causative Power of the Universe. The Word, or thought, of God eternally initiates the Divine Creative Process. In this process, Law is continuously set in motion to create, from the Unformed Substance, innumerable forms which follow the thought-patterns of Spirit.
4. In the Infinite Nature of God, all conceivable Good is eternally available, ready to flow into human experience. Through some cosmic Process, this flow of Good is activated and/or increased by human belief, faith, and acceptance. The expression of this essential belief, faith, and acceptance is prayer.
5. This is a Universe of Wholeness, Allness, Oneness. Spirit is a transcendent, perfect Wholeness that, in Its infinite inclusivity, harmoniously embraces all seeming opposites.
6. This is a Universe of infinite abundance, spiritual, mental, and physical. This Bounty of Spirit, this Allness of Good, is limitless and can never be depleted.
7. This is a reciprocal Universe. For every visible form, there is an invisible counterpart. Everything in nature tends to equalize itself, to keep its balance true.
8. The Universe exists in the Eternal Now, each moment complete and perfect within itself. In this Universal Harmony, justice without judgment is always automatic, an infallible Universal Principle. There can be no place for Divine anger, unforgiveness, or punishment.
9. Immortality is a Universal Principle, not a "belief" or a bargain made with the Universe for good behavior. God knows only Life, its eternal continuity, evolution, and expansion.
10. The mystic concept of the Cosmic Christ is not that of a person, but of a Principle, a Universal Presence ... the Universal Image of God present in all creation ... the "pattern that connects".
CTCSL Mission Statement
We daily practice the principles of Science of Mind® as recorded in the text The Science of Mind by Ernest Holmes.
We provide various opportunities through our Sunday services, Science of Mind® classes, workshops, seminars, and guest speakers for all our members, friends, and visitors to learn and grow.
We attract diversity and encourage creativity within our membership, enjoying loving relationships, and the beauty of nature.